| || |
THE BASCOM LAW FIRM, LLC
Dille Pharmacy Building
9th & West Pine, Suite 208
Poplar Bluff, Missouri 63901
THE BASCOM LAW FIRM, LLC
507 Main Street
Van Buren, Missouri 63965
- Personal Injury Accidents and Wrongful Death Litigation-We handle all types of significant personal injury and wrongful death cases including:
- Automobile Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Semi-Truck Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Construction accidents
- Products Liability
- Dog Bites
Personal injuries not only cause physical pain, but often emotional and financial hardship through loss of work, medical bills and stress placed upon families and loved ones. If you have suffered physical or emotional injuries due to another's acts, you may be entitled to bring a personal injury claim to recover for your damages. Recoverable damages include past and future medical expenses, physical pain and suffering, mental anguish, physical impairment, disfigurement, lost wages, and loss of earning capacity. If you have been injured, it is crucial that you take immediate action and hire an attorney to protect your rights and level the playing field with the insurance company. Your claim should be investigated promptly and evidence must be gathered as quickly as possible. Please contact us today.
- Medical Malpractice-Medical malpractice, simply put, is negligence in performing a professional act. Medical providers are required to exercise reasonable care in accordance with the standards of care for the profession involved. If a doctor, surgeon, hospital, or other medical provider acts, or fails to act, in a manner that deviates from the accepted standard of care, then that provider may be liable for an injured person's damages.
Though the majority of health care providers do good work, mistakes are sometimes made which could adversely affect a person, as well as their friends and family, for the rest of their lives. We represent individuals and their families whose medical provider has breached the standard of care in diagnosing or treating medical conditions. We handle cases involving:
- birth-related injuries
- brain injuries
- surgical errors
- misdiagnosis or late diagnosis
- failure to diagnose cancer
- obstetrical and gynecological malpractice cases
- patient neglect
- incorrect administration of medication
- nursing malpractice
- psychiatric malpractice
- emergency room errors
- Products Liability Every year, thousands of consumers sustain serious injuries from defective products. Many of these injuries could be avoided if the manufacturers or distributors of these products took additional steps to ensure consumer safety. The main incentive to increase product safety is to avoid potential liability in product liability lawsuits, which provide compensation for the personal injuries sustained from the use of a defective product. The damages the consumer is entitled to receive may include compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, loss of physical capacity, pain, suffering, and mental anguish. Punitive damages are also available in many jurisdictions to punish defendants in those cases involving particularly egregious conduct, which demonstrates a reckless or wanton disregard for the safety of the public.
As part of our personal injury and wrongful death practice, we assist injured individuals in bringing their claims for their injuries or death caused by a manufacturing flaw or defect, a design flaw or defect, or where a product is unreasonably dangerous because of inadequate instructions or warnings. We ensure that injured consumers or the family and heirs of deceased consumers receive fair treatment under the law and seek full and fair compensation for injuries caused by dangerous and defective products.
- Worker's Compensation Workers' Compensation is a benefit that is available to nearly all employees who suffer an injury that arose out of and in the course of their employment. Work related injuries typically covered by workers' compensation include:
- Carpal tunnel/repetitive trauma injuries
- Hearing problems
- Work-related emotional problems
- Work-induced heart attack or stroke
- Occupational diseases such as asbestosis and dermatitis; disfigurement and scarring of face, neck or hands
- Asthma or other work related pulmonary conditions
- Loss of use of limbs
- Eye injuries
When you are hurt while performing your duties as an employee there is a specialized area of legislation that governs from whom and how much you can recover. This differs from other types of injuries. We are devoted to assisting our clients in working through this complicated area of law in order to receive a fair settlement from all possible sources. The issues that arise most often in these matters are:
- Whether you were an employee at the time of the injury?
- Was the injury received while you were on the job?
- Was there an injury?
- What benefits are you entitled to?
- Was the injury permanent?
- Are you entitled to a settlement?
- Should you accept a settlement?
The Bascom Law Firm provides legal services to Southeast Missouri (SEMO) in the following areas: Butler, Carter, Stoddard, Scott, New Madrid and Ripley Counties as well as Cape Girardeau, Dexter and the Parkland Area.
Copyright © 2005
by THE BASCOM LAW FIRM, LLC. All rights reserved. You may reproduce materials available at this site for your own personal use and for non-commercial distribution. All copies must include this copyright statement.